The interesting facts about Egypt
We submit you the next article about the interesting facts. Egypt, its secrets and sight. Learn the surprising facts about this ancient civilization.
The interesting facts about Egypt:
- 1. The Egyptian called the newborn daughter in honor of the largest social network of “Facebook”. He made it to show the importance of this service in the Egyptian revolution of 2011.
- 2. The population of Egypt makes more than 82 million people that does it by the 15th the most inhabited country in the world. It is interesting to know that about 99% of the population live for 5,5% of the territory of the country.
- 3. Ancient Egyptians invented hours, paper, the lock, keys and even toothpaste. Also they were the first who divided year for 365 days and 12 months.
- 4. About 90% of Egyptians practise Islam (Sunnites), 9% – Copts and only 1% – Christians.
- 5. Interesting fact: literacy level at men makes 83% and 59,4% at women.
- 6. Annually in Egypt only 2.5 centimeters of rainfall drop out.
- 7. According to drawings of Egyptians, a pyramid symbolize themselves a sun beam.
- 8. More than 12% of labor are involved in tourist branch.
- 9. The Sahara Desert was the excellent place for a pasture and the savanna in due time, however the excessive pasture and climate change in 8000 years B.C. turned rich lands into the desert. Now it is the world’s largest and occupies the territory of 8,6 million sq.km.
- 10. The birth rate coefficient in Egypt makes 2,97 children on one woman (the 66th place in the world). First place is won by Niger with an indicator 7,60 children on one woman.
- 11. Interesting fact: On January 25, 2011 the Egyptian revolution began. Lack of freedom of speech, corruption and mass unemployment forced people to take to the streets. As a result of clashes with the police more than 800 people died and 6000 got wounds, but they achieved the objectives — the president was resigned by Hosni Mubarak.
- 12. Nile — the longest river of Egypt (6853 km).
- 13. Ramesses II is the most great Pharaoh for all history of Ancient Egypt. He governed more than 60 years and was the only thing who received the title “Great”. It is also known that it had 119 children: 59 boys and 60th girls, 8 official wives and 100 concubines. Also it had red hair that connected it good luck by Seth.
- 14. The first-ever dresses were thought up by Egyptians about 5000 years ago.
- 15. Pyramids of Egypt are only of seven miracles of the ancient world which exist and today. The Arab proverb says: “The person is afraid of time, and time is afraid of pyramids”.
- 16. Interesting fact: 4000 years ago the Egyptian doctors performed the most difficult surgeries.
- 17. Ramesses II was publicly developed in June, 1886 in only 15 minutes. It was made for sterilization and further preservation of a body.
- 18. Ancient Egyptians wore wigs. It was not just the craze, and the only rescue from louses, – the interesting fact.
- 19. Scientists believe that the Egyptian Ankh symbol was a predecessor Christian a cross or affected its form. “Ankh” – a key to eternal life.
- 20. Cleopatra was the queen of Egypt within 22 years. Today she is one of the most famous governors, however very few people know that it was the Greek origin.
- 21. The Egyptian alphabet contained more than 700 hieroglyphs!
- 22. Cats were considered as a sacred animal at ancient Egyptians. The majority of families surely held houses a cat and looked after her, so she brings good luck and wellbeing to the house.
- 23. Cairo – the capital and the main tourist center of Egypt. The population of the city makes more than 8 million people that does it by the largest city of Africa and all Arab world.
- 24. The first sundial was found in Egypt in the 15th century B.C.
- 25. The Pharaoh Pepi II ruled Egypt 94 years – most longer in the history of the empire. He became a Pharaoh in 2246 B.C. when he was only 6 years old.
- 26. Ancient Egyptians believed that mummification is the only correct transition to afterlife. Process of mummification took place two stages: at first embalming of a body, and then its packing and burial. Bodies were stored in special vessels near a mummy.
- 27. Bread and beer — the most important food of ancient Egyptians. They were even left in tombs that to the dead was what to eat in other world.
- 28. Interesting fact: studying wall drawings of ancient Egyptians, scientists came to a conclusion that the simple inhabitants who are most loved by entertainment there was a game very similar to bowling.
The interesting facts about Egypt
All interesting facts and data on Egypt and its ancient history in one article. You learn all facts known to mankind about ancient pyramids, mysterious temples and tombs of Ancient Egypt.
Written by: inkas
Date Published: 04/14/2016