The interesting facts about Japan

The interesting facts about Japan
Over the past 20 years, Japan has become one of the most interesting and popular countries in the world. The unique culture, great food and all the technological advances in this beautiful country of Japan.

Interesting facts Japan
  • 1. The official Japanese name – “Coke Nihon” or “Nippon Coke.”
  • 2. Japan – a country in East Asia, which is located in the Pacific Ocean and consists of 6852 islands!
  • 3. There are 4 islands make up 97% of the territory: Hokkaido, Kyushu, Honshu and Shikoku. The rest of the 6848 islands is 3%!
  • 4. More than 99% of the population speaks a native language.
  • Japanese sushi
  • 5. An interesting fact that Japan is often called the land of the rising sun. There are two versions of why its so-called: the first sets out that it is the easternmost country in the world, therefore the sun is coming off their first. Another version has a poetic character. In Japanese, the word “Japan” is composed of two characters that represent the root (the beginning, the foundation) and the sun. Literally, it sounds like “the beginning of the sun” or sunrise.
  • 6. Japan’s population of 127 million people, which makes the land of the rising sun the tenth in the world by population.
  • 7. Interesting fact Japan: forests cover 66% of its territory.
  • 8. Japan is still a monarchy, but now constitutional. The Emperor takes the symbolic function of the unity of the people and the state. All the laws of Japan takes a bicameral parliament.
  • 9. Japan covers an area of 364 400 km2, and with marine areas as much as 377 900 km2.
  • 10. An interesting fact that Japan is at 70% of the mountainous terrain. Also, there are more than 200 volcanoes!
  • Traditional Japanese clothing
  • 11. Especially popular in Japan enjoys coffee. Interesting fact that it imports more than 85% of the annual production of Jamaican coffee.
  • 12. Fights Sumo is the national sport in Japan, but the audience more and more popular baseball.
  • 13. Interesting fact Japan: if you have a toilet at home, you are required at the entrance to the bathroom to change domestic slippers on the toilet. This is done in order not to contaminate other parts of the house.
  • 14. About 60% of the world production of anime movies, is located in Japan.
  • 15. In Japan, there are about 1,500 earthquakes each year!
  • 16. An interesting fact that in Japan the average life expectancy is the highest in the world, it is 82.12 years!
  • 17. Greater Tokyo is the largest urban agglomeration, not only in Japan but all over the world! It has a population of nearly 30 million people!
  • 18. The most popular food is rice. It is included in the diet of every resident of Japan. As a rule, it in different dishes to eat for breakfast, and for lunch and dinner.
  • 19. Interesting fact: Japan is the largest car manufacturer in the world.
  • 20. The literacy rate is almost 100%.
  • 21. In the land of the rising sun do not try to use the word “no” during a conversation with someone, because that word is considered very rude.
  • 22. An interesting fact is that Japan can boast 15 Nobel Prize winners!
  • Traditional sports
  • 23. To apologize in Japan decided to shave their heads!
  • 24. Japan is the world’s largest consumer of Amazonian forests.
  • 25. The unemployment rate is more than 4%.
  • 26. Especially popular are the so-called false floors that serve as a reminder when you need to remove street shoes and put on slippers at the entrance to the house. Typically, a raised floor is raised 15 cm above the ground floor to move into the house.
  • 27. Football is very popular in Japan. An example is the Asian Cup, which Japan’s team won three times!
  • 28. Interesting fact: The most popular form of poetry in Japan is “Hoku”, it consists of 3 lines.
  • 29. Kimono – Traditional Japanese women’s and men’s clothing.
The interesting facts about Japan
In addition to the luxurious attractions, Japan poses many interesting facts! In this article, we will tell you about them.
Interesting facts
Written by: inkas
Date Published: 04/29/2016
Rating: 0

Author of publication

138
not online 12 months

inkas

Comments: 0Publics: 253Registration: 16-03-2016

Leave a comment

Authorization

Registration

Generation password