The interesting facts about Canada
Canada – an interesting country full of beautiful sights. This article contains the most interesting facts about this country.
Interesting facts about Canada
- 1. Interesting fact. The name “Canada” comes from the word “kanata”, which means “village”.
- 2. The official languages of Canada are French and English.
- 3. Canada has an area of more than 9,980,000 km2.
- 4. 37% of Canadians do not want to Vancouver Olympic Games were held.
- 5. The density of the population of Canada is the smallest in the world at 3.5 persons per 1 km2!
- 6. Canada on its territory has more inland lakes and rivers than any other country in the world.
- 7. An interesting fact that 14% of people admitted that they constantly smoke marijuana.
- 8. Canada has the longest coastline in the world, whose length is more than 200 thousand km.
- 9. Trans-Canada is the longest national highway in the world – 7604 km.
- 10. Highway in Alaska is one of the fastest-built highway in the world: 2451 kilometers of roads were built in less than a year!
- 11. An interesting fact that 2.2% of the total area occupied by 43 of Canada Park. Banff National Park in Alberta first appeared in Canada in 1885.
- 12. More than three per cent of Canadians donate blood every year.
- 13. Interesting fact: Canada’s highest peak is Mount Logan (5959 m).
- 14. Baffin Island is the largest island in Canada. Its area is 507,451 km2. The population of this island of 11 thousand people.
- 15. 25% of Canadians between the ages of 18 and 30 use the Internet as a primary source of knowledge and information.
- 16. Della Falls – the highest waterfall in Canada, its height is 440 meters. An interesting fact that he is several times higher than the world-famous Niagara Falls.
- 17. More than seven per cent of Canadians do not believe in God.
- 18. The largest province in Canada – Quebec, it covers an area of 1.36 million km2.
- 19. The most populated area of Canada is Ontario, with 12.5 million people. In second place with a population of Quebec is 7.6 million people.
- 20. More than 16% of Canada’s population – immigrants, accounting for about 5.5 million people.
- 21. Canada has a population of over 34 million people.
- 22. An interesting fact that the United Nations data, Canada ranked 4th development index, which makes the country an ideal place to live and raise children.
- 23. Hockey is the national game of Canada. Interesting fact that hockey was invented in Canada, and the basic rules are taken from a similar game that was popular in the X century.
- 24. Canada is a major producer and consumer of cheese. Recently it produced over 350 tons of cheese.
- 25. The largest city in Canada – Toronto. Its population is more than 5 million people.
- 26. Canada’s capital – Ottawa. Interesting fact that before it was called Bayton.
- 27. The smallest prison in the world is located in Canada. It takes only 270 m2.
- 28. Toronto – the largest city in Canada. Interesting fact, that it has the largest number of universities around the world.
- 29. The majority of Canadians live within 240 kilometers from the US border.
- 30. The baseball glove was invented in Canada in 1883.
- 31. Interesting fact Canada: Nearly half of the population of this vast country were born in other countries.
- 32. In Canada, there is only a desert, in which there are more than 100 rare species of plants and more than 300 rare animals.
- 33. The provinces of Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick July 1, 1867 merged into a single country, which we now know as Canada.
- 34. An interesting fact that about ten per cent of Canadians say that once saw a UFO.
- 35. It is interesting to know that 33% of Canadians sleep naked, and read a book before going to bed.
The interesting facts about Canada
An interesting and useful information for those who want to go on a tour of Canada. This article is a list of interesting facts about Canada.
Written by: inkas
Date Published: 05/04/2016